There’s no shortage of jewelry stores in the Hampton Roads area. Add the ever growing list of online jewelry retailers, “wholesalers,” and eBay sellers; the choice of where to buy is almost limitless. So, why should you consider Raybar Fine Jewelry amongst all others?
We’re jewelry artisans who love to work one-on-one with our clients. Friendly, personalized service directly from actual jewelers.
As a Father/Son team with over 55 years of professional experience, we’ve got the expertise to get the job done right – the first time.
By combining old-world craftsmanship with the best technology, our on-site workshop is ready for any task. From minor repairs to complete restorations, RAYBAR is your go-to jeweler.
We want highly informed and educated customers. You need to know what you’re buying, and we’re all about genuine straight talk – not pushy upselling.
We encourage you to compare our offerings with the competition. You’ll discover that while we may not have rock-bottom prices, the quality of our jewelry and services are the best value for your money.
We work with all budgets and circumstances. Want to re-use your diamond, but need gold? Have the gold, but need the diamond? Whatever the case, we’ll improvise to make the best jewelry possible within your budget.
The RAYBAR Difference
As artisans, we strive to create each and every piece of jewelry with the utmost care and attention. However, perfection is not always possible. So, if your Raybar Fine Jewelry purchase has a problem resulting from a defect in craftsmanship, manufacturing, and design, we'll remedy the problem at no cost to you*
*RAYBAR reserves the right to determine whether or not any issue is covered under the Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty. If we deem a problem to be ineligible for a Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty claim, we promise to justify and document both textually and photographically why we’ve determined a claim is ineligible. This express warranty covers manufacturing defects only and is non-transferable.
We will thoroughly clean and inspect your jewelry, at no cost to you.
All Rings sold by Raybar Fine Jewelry may be resized once - at no cost to you - within the first 90 days of purchase pick-up/delivery
In addition to the Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty, your Raybar Fine Jewelry purchase includes a complimentary service plan. A Service Plan allows you to bring in your fine jewelry purchase, however often you’d like, and we’ll gladly restore it to "like new" condition. If a repair is deemed necessary, we'll promptly fix your jewelry at no charge, often same-day. Services covered include, but are not limited to; Polishing, Rhodium Plating, Stone Tightening, Soldering, and Prong Adjustments. The following terms and conditions apply to any Service Plan:
- All cleanings, inspections, and repairs must be performed by Raybar Fine Jewelry. Service conducted by an unauthorized jeweler will void your Service Plan.
- We recommend having your jewelry cleaned, inspected, and its finish restored every six months. While microscopically examining your jewelry, we ensure that: all diamonds and gemstones are secure; prongs are properly aligned; clasps securely fasten; Shanks are straight and rounded, etc.
- Service Plans are only intended to provide coverage for problems resulting from normal "wear and tear" or minor accidental damage. Examples of minor accidental damage: A prong becomes bent or the shank is deeply scratched and needs refinishing.
- Problems resulting from excessive abuse and significant accidental damage are not covered. Therefore, it is crucial to obtain independent Jewelry Insurance to protect you in the event of accidental loss, theft, or damage.
- Any repairs necessary after a Service Plan expires will be performed at a discounted rate of 40% off our standard repair prices.
One Year Service Plan
All new in-stock Showcase Jewelry sold by Raybar Fine Jewelry is accompanied by a complimentary One Year Service Plan from the date of pick-up/delivery.
Two Year Service Plan
All new Bridal and Custom Jewelry sold by Raybar Fine Jewelry is accompanied by a complimentary Two Year Service Plan from the date of pick-up/delivery.
If you are confident about the choice of center gemstone, but unsure on how to design the perfect engagement ring for your soon-to-be fiancé, we have a solution for you. We will gladly set the gemstone into a 14K White, Yellow, or Rose gold Solitaire Engagement Ring Setting at the requested finger size. Doing so will give you the opportunity to propose with an actual ring and return with your fiance to design the engagement ring setting that she really wants.
Within 90 days of your purchase, you and your fiancé may return the temporary mounting and custom create a new engagement ring from scratch! A $95 refurbish/restocking fee will be deducted from the purchase price of the Temporary Engagement Ring Setting. The remaining balance will be credited towards the purchase of either an in-stock or custom designed engagement ring.
The jewelers at Raybar Fine Jewelry are highly-trained professionals. We undertake every precaution to ensure that your jewelry is safely repaired to the highest standards. Despite our best intentions, we can’t assume responsibility for factors outside of our control. So, it's important to know that our Jewelry Repair Warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Repairs are warranted for ONE YEAR from the date of delivery/pick-up unless otherwise justified and notated on the final sales receipt.
- RAYBAR reserves the right to designate such repairs as non-warrantable.
- Only the specified repair(s) performed are covered under warranty.
- Problems resulting from excessive wear and abuse are not warranted.
In addition to our Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty and Complimentary Service Plan coverage, we strongly urge that you obtain independent Jewelry Insurance for your significant jewelry purchases. We’ll provide you with the necessary documentation/appraisal to get insurance coverage, but it is solely your responsibility to acquire jewelry insurance. Keep in mind, that any gemstone (including diamond) is susceptible to chipping, scratching, or fracturing. Likewise, even the best-made jewelry in the world is can suffer significant damage. In such cases, MOST jewelry insurance will cover the costs of repair or replacement. You’ll need to contact your insurance agent to get assurances on what is and what is not covered.
We exclusively recommend Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company.
Their Worldwide Coverage includes coverage against; Loss, Damage, Mysterious Disappearance, and Theft.
Custom Jewelry Satisfaction Guarantee
Over the years, we have developed a very methodical approach to our Custom Jewelry design process. Through the use of drawings, renderings, models, and other visual aids, we will do whatever is necessary to help you envision – and materialize – your finished Custom Jewelry design. If time permits, we greatly prefer to go through each stage, step-by-step, so that both you and our artisans are “on the same page”.
If you are at all unsure about something – even the most minor detail – please tell us. Perhaps we are misinterpreting what you are imagining; let us correct it! We are here to guide you through this fun, exciting journey. Rarely, something gets “lost in translation” and your expectations are not met – RAYBAR wants to make it right.
We want you to be completely satisfied and thrilled to wear your new Custom Jewelry design. So, for your peace of mind, we offer a Custom Jewelry Satisfaction Guarantee. Like most guarantees, there are stipulations. Click THE FINE PRINT button below for complete details.
- Custom Jewelry involves metals, gems, and labor furnished in whole (or part) by RAYBAR for a particular Client/Wearer/Recipient who is directly involved in the entire custom design process. For clarity, please be aware of the following definitions: 1) Remake means a complete redesign or casting/fabrication. 2) Modification means altering the existing, intact Original completed Custom Jewelry design to the Client’s satisfaction.
- RAYBAR will Remake or Modify – at its sole discretion – a completed Custom Jewelry design ONE TIME if the recipient/wearer of said Custom Jewelry design was directly involved in the entire custom design process and upon pick-up/delivery, is unsatisfied with the completed Custom Jewelry design. Please Note: Any RUSH or otherwise “hurried” Custom Jewelry design that is needed and requested by the Client will void the Custom Jewelry Satisfaction Guarantee.
- The Client must notify RAYBAR within seven (7) days from delivery/pick-up to be eligible for the Custom Jewelry Satisfaction Guarantee. After seven (7) days, the Remake or Modification warranty is null and void.
- RAYBAR reserves the right not to offer the Custom Jewelry Satisfaction Guarantee on Client insisted designs. Such designs may encompass unusual, untried materials or weak structural elements that RAYBAR would not feel comfortable guaranteeing. The Client will be notified of the Custom Jewelry Satisfaction Guarantee exemption before any manufacturing proceeds.
- The Client is responsible for any additional charges if the Remake would have initially been more costly than the Original design OR if the Modification requires additional materials/labor than the Original’s price would have allotted. We cannot refund or credit the price difference of a Remake that would have been less costly than the Original.
“Surprise” Resolution Discount
If you wish to surprise your beloved with a custom design and it’s just not their satisfaction, we’ll try our best to make it right. While we cannot offer a refund, we’ve come up with several ways of resolving situations with a less-than-thrilled custom jewelry gift recipient. We call it our “Surprise” Resolution Discount. Click THE FINE PRINT button below for complete details.
"Surprise" Custom Jewelry (“Surprise”) is defined as jewelry that involves metals, gems, and labor furnished in whole (or part) by RAYBAR for a specific Client, who is NOT the Recipient/Wearer of said Surprise. Because “Surprise” does NOT involve the Recipient/Wearer in the custom design process; RAYBAR is solely relying on the purchasing Client for all design directions and approvals. For that reason, we cannot guarantee that the Recipient/Wearer will be satisfied with the design; as the desires of the Recipient/Wearer are not directly made known to RAYBAR.
One of the following three options will be offered to satisfy the Resolution Discount:
- "Surprise" Modification (“Modification”) will be discounted 50% off RAYBAR’s regular material/labor price. A Modification entails altering the existing, intact Original to the Recipient/Wearer’s satisfaction. No exchange is necessary for a Modification as RAYBAR revises the Original.
- "Surprise" Remake (“Remake”) will be discounted 50% of what it would have cost, had it been the Original design. A Remake may involve a complete redesign and casting/fabrication. The Original must be exchanged (returned) for the discounted Remake. We may be able to reuse some of the materials from the Original, but this is determined on a case-by-case basis.
- "Surprise" Substitute Credit (“Substitute”) will be a Store Credit given in exchange for the Original. A Substitute is an in-stock merchandise alternative to the Original that is of an equal or greater price. The Original must be exchanged (returned) for the discounted Substitute. The amount of Store Credit issued will be 50% of the Original’s price (pre-tax). If a more costly (after discount) Substitute is chosen, the Client is responsible for the additional price difference. No other discounts are allowed. All Substitutes sales are FINAL – even though it’s in-stock merchandise.
Regardless of which of the three resolution options is most appropriate, the following terms and conditions apply:
- The Recipient/Wearer of the Original “Surprise” piece, MUST be directly involved in the ENTIRE Resolution Discount Guarantee process.
- RAYBAR will, at its sole discretion, decide whether a Modification is required to the Original OR if a Remake is the best solution.
- The Client must notify RAYBAR within thirty (30) days of the delivery/pick-up of the Original to be eligible for the Resolution Discount. After thirty (30) days, said Guarantee is null and void.
- The Original design MUST be picked-up/delivered by/to Client within fifteen (15) days of the completion date. The completion date is the day we notify you via E-mail, Phone, or Text Message that your Custom Jewelry piece is ready for pickup. After fifteen (15) days, the Resolution Discount is null and void.